I’m having issues with the cloud backup
If you’ve been using the app for a while and the backup isn’t being done (as shown on the “Last backup” card on the homepage), there are a few reasons why this could happen.
- The app tries to look for changes on the database about every 15 minutes, but the actual time interval depends on permission from the device.
- On Android devices, usually this is pretty straightforward and the app follows a consistent schedule.
- On iOS device, however, it’s a little more complicated. Before letting the app on the background, iOS will want to learn how you use it, so it may take up to a few of days before you see a regular 15 minute schedule happen (even then, your final schedule may vary, for example the app might do backups more frequently in the late morning to mid afternoon, because your phone decided that’s when you use it most, and not so much in the evening). In the meantime, if you’re worried, just use the manual backup on the Settings page if you want to make sure your work is saved on the cloud.
- The app will not backup to the cloud while you’re using it. If you have the app on the screen when the 15 minute check happens, the app will instead reschedule it for the next time. If you leave the phone alone or switch to another app for a while, the backup should happen as expected.
- You might not have had internet connection when the app checked the database. If that happens the app will reschedule it for the next time, and keep rescheduling as long as you don’t have a connection.
If none of these possibilities apply to you, please contact us.