The app uses appointment types to differentiate between kinds of appointments you may want to schedule, displaying them using different colors so you can tell, for example, a regular shoeing appointment from a personal appointment at a glance.
The initial list of types are “personal“, “standard” and “tentative“, although you can modify it at will to fit your needs.
The appointment type list
This page lists appointment types in alphabetical order, and the color they are shown in the schedule. The appointment marked with a is the default type (there can be only one default at a time).
The top bar lets you:
- Go back to the Settings page
- Filter the list and show only “active“ or “inactive” types
- Add a new appointment type ()
Adding or editing an appointment type
To add a new appointment type, tap on the top bar. Tapping on an existing appointment type on the list will open it for editing.
Marking an appointment type as the default appointment type will make it the new default type. The previous default type will revert to a regular appointment type.
The active checkbox is only shown when editing an existing appointment type. If unchecked, that type will be considered “inactive” and will not be displayed in the appointment type list when creating or editing an appointment in the schedule. It can be switched back if needed. See below for more details.
Deleting an appointment type
To delete an appointment type, open it for editing and then tap on the top bar. If the icon is not present, that means that either:
- There are appointments using this appointment type: if a type is in use by an appointment, it can only be marked as “inactive“. This will prevent it from showing as an option when creating or editing appointments, but the type itself remains in the database for when the schedule needs to display the old appointment.
- This is the default appointment type: the default type cannot be deleted or be marked inactive.